Calnex Solutions is a growing and successful technology company based in Linlithgow, Scotland with additional locations in Belfast, Northern Ireland and the US, supported by sales teams in Mainland China, Taiwan, Malaysia and India.
We design, produce and market test instrumentation and solutions for network synchronization and network emulation, enabling our customers to validate the performance of the critical infrastructure associated with the telecoms networks.
Due to the strategic growth of the businesses, we are immediately seeking a professional, reliable, enthusiastic and experienced Administrator to be based in our Belfast office. Reporting to the Head of HR, the successful candidate will support the Senior HR team in the successful delivery of people practice and process at Calnex. Willing to make suggestions and contribute towards process improvement initiatives, they will help to drive the business forward with a proactive attitude, creativity and positivity.
Specific tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Supporting all administrative stages of the recruitment process ranging from application stage to offer stage including onboarding activities.
- Providing administrative support for our Employee Benefits, for example, annual leave, holiday buy and sell, wellbeing and more.
- Administration of our learning and development activities – including the Calnex induction training programme, annual review and development process, personal development training, etc.
- Assisting with our Corporate Social Responsibilities - Corporate Giving and Calnex in the Community
- Compliance – keeping policies and procedures up to date with guidance from the team.
- Owner/super user of our online HR and file sharing system.
- Assisting in the administration of worldwide travel itineraries.
You will ideally have:
- A track record in an office based environment with experience of administering tasks and processes.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work, meet deadlines and provide flexible support to the HR and Admin team.
- Proficient Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and internet navigation skills. SharePoint knowledge would also be advantageous but not essential.
- Excellent attention to detail and willingness to ask questions and suggest improvement.
And also the ability to:
- Handle data with confidentiality.
- Act on own initiative, deal with the unexpected and plan ahead.
- Create and maintain effective working relationships, working co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicate information in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Maintain a positive ‘can do’ attitude and work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Meet tight and changing deadlines.
Calnex is an inclusive, supportive and growing company with a strong focus on employee engagement and wellbeing. We strive to provide a working environment that develops and challenges our employees. We reward success and offers competitive salaries. Our comprehensive benefits package includes a contributory pension plan, flexible holidays, life assurance, critical illness cover, private healthcare, profit sharing and an opportunity to join the Calnex Employee Share Incentive Plan.
The successful candidate will become part of a driven, hardworking and successful team who will support them to achieve success and add value in their new role.
The Calnex team in Scotland are currently working towards a phased return to office based working. In the new year, we hope to be working in a hybrid model, working from home 2 days per week and in the office 3 days per week. This will be further explained at interview. The Calnex team in Belfast remain working from home for the time being, with the hopes to phase in our hybrid working model in the new year.
Take a look at our website to find out more about what we do and what it’s like to be an employee at Calnex!
In consideration of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), please be aware that by applying for a role in Calnex Solutions directly or via an intermediary you are giving permission for us to retain certain personal information for a period of up to two years. That information includes your CV, cover letter or any other correspondence relating to your application and any notes we may take at interview.