Calnex test and measurement solutions are used by the world's leading network operators, hyperscale companies and network equipment manufacturers when precision and control is key to their development and verification processes.
As Calnex continues on a strong growth path in these applications we are further expanding our product team to accelerate our delivery of new precision test and measurement solutions to help our customers bring new cutting-edge technology to market.
As product manager for Cloud/Virtual you will bring strong experience in network function virtualization and cloud deployments, owning market insight and strategic vision to help deliver new test and measurement solutions for developers and network architects.
You will help discover customer needs and work with a multi-disciplinary team to take new solution concepts from idea through validation and development, also ensuring the sales and marketing organisation is ready to promote the value we provide.
You will also be a key contributor in both identifying strategic initiatives for the company, and driving the associated messaging to target markets.
We want to help strong contributors achieve their potential. If you are self-driven, organised, comfortable with multi-tasking and willing to help ‘outside of the role’ when required, we will help make the role work for you in return. We seek people who are comfortable communicating directly with customers and have a proven background in learning new technologies as required.
Leadership and relationship: We consider Product Management to be a leadership role, showing direction and commitment to the wider organisation. PMs also need to be a great teammate, as they rely on the skills of the whole team. It is essential to build rapport and develop support frameworks while keeping a team focus on results.
Success mindset: Clear desire and drive for success, projecting enthusiasm and leading by example to bring drive and resilience to a team. Motivated by meeting and exceeding objectives and financial targets, take ownership for getting issues solved and constantly strive for improvement.
Commercial and Customer Focus: Solid business understanding (financials, markets and processes) combined with a passion for understanding the customer. Focused on achieving and increasing customer satisfaction in ways that deliver competitive advantage, while delivering maximum value to the company.
Strategic thinking: Efficiently gather information on trends and needs in current and potential markets to build credible strategies to increase the value and/or coverage of our offerings. Understand the wider market environment to develop strategic plans and adjust when circumstances change.
Trust – We build knowledge so our customers can trust us to bring valuable solutions and insights, and we trust each other to do the right thing.
Inclusion – We are one team, and better as a whole than as individuals.
Innovation – We embrace new ideas to continuously improve.
- Fully understand our strategic objectives and deliver products that leverage Calnex’s technical expertise to achieve them.
- Be the interface between Calnex and customers testing in cloud environments, both sharing the value of Calnex test solutions and gathering ideas and inputs from the market.
- Bring a deep understanding of the test and measurement challenges of cloud deployments, with a strong motivation to find new solutions and opportunities.
- Identify the current and future needs of our users through research and regular interaction, and clearly articulate those problems for the team to solve.
- Work independently, with users and with Sales, Marketing and Engineering teams to capture ideas from a wide range of inputs, understand and prioritise this work so the team is working on the projects that give the most value.
- Confirm the scope of development projects for current and new products, managing time to market, product cost, and balancing this with customer needs for feature-richness and product quality.
- Key contributor in communicating the value of our solutions to internal and external stakeholders:
- Promote and educate via documentation, training, etc.
- Responsible for field and customer facing technical communications, product presentations, demos, etc.
- Represent the company at worldwide promotional events e.g., exhibitions, trade-shows, conferences, seminars, etc. and organise associated Calnex presentational materials.
- Determine, track and articulate key data and metrics to assist engineering, manufacturing and management, e.g., forecasting, market sizing, competitive analysis.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
All Essential OR should be >70% covered, with demonstrated ability to develop in the other areas.
- A pre-existing deep knowledge of the market/application: Experience of deploying cloud-native and on-premises cloud solutions.
- Natural curiosity and tenacity: the objective for all product-lines is growth, and product managers are expected to be motivated by maximising results.
- Experience in conducting regular and efficient discovery sessions with users.
- Multiple years’ experience in Product Management or a closely related role.
- Ability to build wider personal network and identify/analyse new data sources to gather market insight.
- Previous experience in technology/engineering, e.g., degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field; or equivalent work experience.
- Academic and/or working experience in virtualisation - applications or infrastructure - e.g., NFV, Containerisation, AWS.
- Have an eye for opportunities: separate key information from noise to find what customers really need.
- Clear communicator of decisions and the rationale behind them. Comfortable in sharing relevant data to help teams reach decisions with or without consensus.
- Ability to quickly understand and articulate new technologies.
- 25% of the role involves worldwide business travel.
Experience in one or more of the following would also be beneficial
- Prior experience of virtualizing a physical product, including product definition and go-to-market.
- Knowledge of the following applications/technologies:
- Hyperscale and DCI network architectures.
- Cloud-edge migration.
- Monitoring or measurement systems.
- Other communications technology areas where you believe there are opportunities for high-precision test and measurement solutions.
- Prior experience working within the communications test and measurement industry.
- Good understanding or working experience with various network equipment, such as switches, routers, firewalls, servers, etc.
- Familiarity with companies in the telecoms/datacoms ecosystems.
Calnex is an inclusive, supportive and growing company with a strong focus on employee engagement and wellbeing. We strive to provide a working environment that develops and challenges our employees. We reward success and offers competitive salaries. Our comprehensive benefits package includes a contributory pension plan, flexible holidays, life assurance, critical illness cover, private healthcare, profit sharing and an opportunity to join the Calnex Employee Share Incentive Plan.
The Calnex team in Scotland are currently working towards a phased return to office based working. In the new year, we hope to be working in a hybrid model, working from home 2 days per week and in the office 3 days per week. This will be further explained at interview. The Calnex team in Belfast remain working from home for the time being, with the hopes to phase in our hybrid working model in the new year.
Calnex are licensed to sponsor under the Skilled Worker Immigration route – (A-rating).
In consideration of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), please be aware that by applying for a role in Calnex Solutions directly or via an intermediary you are giving permission for us to retain certain personal information for a period of up to two years. That information includes your CV, cover letter or any other correspondence relating to your application and any notes we may take at interview.