Calnex Solutions is an innovative and successful company that develops software enabled, leading edge test & measurement products that test network equipment to the latest telecoms standards.
Our developers work in multi-discipline product development teams that include software and hardware design and system test Engineers. The teams work closely with marketing and sales, turning market and customer requirements into high quality, fully functional products.
Our R&D team is growing to support our expanding product portfolio. As part of this growth we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Angular Developer Contractor to work on our application software. The successful candidate will enjoy working within small teams on the leading edge and be able to innovate and deliver in a fast paced and busy environment, based either in Belfast or Linlithgow.
- Contributing to the architecture, implementation and evolution of system software to keep it performant, flexible and maintainable as requirements evolve
- Estimating timescales based on an outline of the implementation and then developing and delivering quality software to those timescales
- Support quality oriented activities necessary to deliver a product that will delight our customers
- Educated to Degree level in Computer Science or an equivalent subject
- Strong Angular programming experience
- UX design experience
- Experience employing OO techniques
- Strong logical and analytical skills
- Ability to innovate and think “outside the box”
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work closely with others in a dynamic, multi-discipline team
- Demonstrated ability to respond to tight deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Python programming experience
- Knowledge of networking protocols
- Experience working within a Linux environment
In the main, the Calnex team are currently working from home with some roles requiring some occasional office-based working. This will be further explained at interview.
Off-payroll working rules (IR35) do not apply
In consideration of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), please be aware that by applying for a role in Calnex Solutions directly or via an intermediary you are giving permission for us to retain certain personal information for a period of up to two years. That information includes your CV, cover letter or any other correspondence relating to your application and any notes we may take at interview.