Calnex Solutions is an innovative and successful company that develops software enabled, leading edge test & measurement products that test network equipment to the latest telecoms standards.
Our developers work in multi-discipline product development teams that include software and hardware design and system test Engineers. The teams work closely with marketing and sales, turning market and customer requirements into high quality, fully functional products.
Our R&D team is growing to support our expanding product portfolio. As part of this growth we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior C# and front end developer to work on our application software. The successful candidate will enjoy working within small teams on the leading edge and be able to innovate and deliver in a fast paced and busy environment, based in Linlithgow.
- Full lifecycle software development from requirements analysis through development, integration and testing
- Works closely with product owners to understand and refine high level system requirements into deliverable software
- Collaborates with other disciplines to define system level interfaces and responsibilities
- Estimates project timescales based on high level requirements and delivers to schedule
- Develops high quality, maintainable and flexible solutions with the capability to evolve along with the market requirements
- Must develop a high level of proficiency in the product technology domain including an understanding the real world use cases
- Educated to Degree level in Computer Science or an equivalent subject
- Must be an object oriented design practitioner
- A minimum of 5 years C# programming experience
- Able to work closely and communicate effectively with others in a multi-discipline team
- Comfortable working in an agile development environment where effective team communication is essential and change is embraced
- Strong logical and analytical skills
- Able to decompose complex problems into smaller, more manageable, units and estimate the timecales invovled
- Proven ability to respond to tight deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Knowledge of networking protocols
- Knowledge of synchronisation protocols including PTP
- Version management using GIT
- Change management using JIRA
- Experience working with test instrumentation
Calnex rewards success and offers competitive salaries. Our comprehensive benefits package includes a contributory pension plan, flexible holidays, life assurance, critical illness cover, private healthcare, profit sharing and an opportunity to join the Calnex Employee Share Incentive Plan.
In the main, the Calnex team are currently working from home with some roles requiring some occasional office based working. This will be further explained at interview.
Calnex are licensed to sponsor under the Skilled Worker Immigration route – (A-rating).
In consideration of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), please be aware that by applying for a role in Calnex Solutions directly or via an intermediary you are giving permission for us to retain certain personal information for a period of up to two years. That information includes your CV, cover letter or any other correspondence relating to your application and any notes we may take at interview.