Calnex is a successful innovative test and measurement company that addresses market opportunities in expanding global telecommunications networks.
We develop leading edge test & measurement products with a particular focus on timing synchronisation of networks and equipment. We are known throughout the industry as experts in this area. Our products are based on proprietary hardware platforms with software configurable personalities and results analysis packages.
We are looking for a System Test Engineer to join our R&D team. In this role you will work as part of our multi-discipline product design teams to develop and execute system level tests to qualify our products for launch.
This role is particularly suited to an enthusiastic Test Engineer who is equally at home developing and executing design verification tests on both sophisticated electronics and software. It is a diverse role and we aim for engineers to get a breadth of knowledge over different products and user domains over their career so you will touch on many different technologies and have ample room for constant learning opportunities.
- Creating test plans from software and hardware product requirements.
- Developing and documenting automated and manual test suites.
- Executing system test cycles prior to product release.
- ‘Customer centric’ testing encouraging a whole-team responsibility to product quality.
- Recording test results and working with the design engineers to resolve issues.
- Contributing to test methodologies and environment.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Educated to Degree level in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Strong willingness to learn the products and their application and experience of having done so for complex products before.
- Ability to develop and execute both manual and automated tests.
- Knowledge of test automation frameworks and programming/scripting experience with either C#, TCL or Python.
- Defect reporting methods and tools such as Bugzilla or JIRA.
- Inquisitive and detail orientated.
- Ability to work closely with others in a multi-discipline team and respond to tight deadlines.
Experience in one or more of the following would also be beneficial
- Packet based timing and networking, OSI model, packet structures and protocols such as IPV4, IPV6, VLAN, etc.
- An understanding of digital signals and use of lab equipment such as signal generators, oscilloscopes and frequency counters.
- Web UI testing over different browsers using technologies such as Selenium, XPath & CSS.
- Web based API protocols such as REST and HTTP protocol.
- Knowledge of product development models such as waterfall and iterative development.
- Use of a Test Management Tool such as TestRail.
Calnex rewards success and offers competitive salaries. Our comprehensive benefits package includes a contributory pension plan, flexible holidays, life assurance, critical illness cover, private healthcare, profit sharing and an opportunity to join the Calnex Employee Share Incentive Plan.
In the main, the Calnex team are currently working from home with some roles requiring some occasional office based working. This will be further explained at interview.
Calnex are licensed to sponsor under the Skilled Worker Immigration route – (A-rating).
In consideration of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), please be aware that by applying for a role in Calnex Solutions directly or via an intermediary you are giving permission for us to retain certain personal information for a period of up to two years. That information includes your CV, cover letter or any other correspondence relating to your application and any notes we may take at interview.