Graduate Embedded Software Engineer
Calnex Solutions is an innovative and successful company that develops software enabled, leading edge electronic test & measurement products that test network equipment to the latest telecoms standards.
Our Engineers work in multi‐discipline product development teams that include software and hardware design and system test Engineers. The teams work closely with marketing and sales, turning market and customer requirements into high quality, fully functional products.
Our R&D team is growing to support our expanding product portfolio. As part of this growth we have an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Embedded Software Engineer who will work in a team developing new product features. The successful candidate will enjoy working as part of, and learning from, a first class development team who are creating leading edge products.
- Developing and delivering quality embedded software within agreed timescales.
- Contributing to the architectural development and evolution of the software to keep it flexible and maintainable as market requirements evolve.
- Support quality oriented activities necessary to deliver a product that will delight our customers.
- Learn the domain and hence appreciate the real life use cases of the product features.
- Educated to Degree level in Electronics/Computer Science or an equivalent subject.
- Experience in real‐time embedded software development using C++ for embedded Linux.
- Grasp of OO techniques, Real Time methods and Hardware interfacing.
- Strong logical and analytical skills.
- Ability to innovate and think “outside the box”.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work closely with others in a dynamic, multi‐discipline team.
- Detail orientated and driven to deliver in dynamic environment
- Knowledge of networking protocols and the OSI model.
- Electronic debug skills.
- Application software development with C#, .NET.
Calnex rewards success and the salaries of our Graduates are reviewed twice a year. We have an open and supportive culture and, being a smaller Company, our Graduates can quickly get a broad understanding of all aspects of the business. Our comprehensive benefits package includes a contributory pension plan, flexible holidays, life assurance and critical illness cover and personal Health Care Options.
To apply for this job, please send your CV with covering letter to email@example.com, and we'll be in touch.